I just had an amazing time this afternoon. I was on a media conference call with Rainn Wilson and Greg Daniels for the past 90 minutes. I will have my full interview with them up in the near future, but I wanted to share some tidbits for you that they both shared!
There is new information here, and nothing too spoiler-like, but if you're a puritan for Office, you may want to stop reading now.
For the rest of you, here's some of the fun facts that I've gleaned from the call.
- There was a Christmas Episode mostly finished before the strike. Greg stated that they are going to vulture some of the material from it for the future.
- Rainn Wilson has a Dwight bobble-head on a shelf in his house. His 3 year old son used to love playing with it.
- John Krasinski will be the 'host' of the April 3rd airing of the past four Office episodes and will shows clips from "Leatherheads" too.
- Schrute Space (Dwight's Blog) on NBC.com used to be written by Rainn, however this year he's handed the reigns over to a staff writer to do Schrute Space.
- There was a cameo written for Mackenzie Crook (Gareth Keenan on the BBC "Office") earlier in the show. It never came to pass because Mackenzie was busy with Pirates of the Carribean.
- The producers of "The Office" have a deal with the producers of "Unhitched" so that they could still use Rashida Jones (Karen) on the show. They have one more 'use' left in that current agreement.
- Greg Daniels stated that they are looking into "playing with time" on the show. Kind of like LOST. [I think this means we could see some flashbacks. Wouldn't it be great if they did flashbacks like Friends used to?]
- Angela's real-life pregnancy will not be written into the show (Kate Flannery mentioned this in her blog too). You'll see Angela behind the copy machine a lot.
- We're going to see some of Dwight's ex-girlfriends and those storylines in the future.
So, keep checking back often to see when we put up the full interview!!