Thursday, April 24, 2008

SBO Exclusive Interview With Drew Powell

I recently had a quick second to chat with Drew Powell who played the bartender/waiter from Poor Richard's Pub in the "Local Ad" episode of "The Office" this season.

In keeping up with our quest to learn all about the people who make "The Office" special I asked him to give us a little 411 on who he is. Here's what he had to say:

ScrantonBranchOffice: How long have you been working in the 'biz'?
Drew Powell: I've been an actor all my life but a "professional" for the last 9 years. I've been blessed to have had a lot of varied and interesting roles over my career so far.

SBO: Were you a fan of the show before you got the role?
DP: I was a huge fan of the BBC version of "The Office" and therefore was VERY suspect of this new American version. I boycotted it for the first season but eventually gave in and have been a fan ever since.

SBO: What was it like to be in a show you were a fan of?
DP: It was great fun to be in a show that I'm such a fan of. There were a few funny lines that didn't make it to air for various reasons, but it was great regardless.

SBO: Any chances we'll see "The Bartender" again?
DP: I'm hopeful that the producers and writers will see fit to bring my character back at some point. I mean, Poor Richards will no doubt continue to be the hang out for the folks of DM. I don't know, maybe a love triangle between Jim, Pam and the bartender who looks slightly like her old fiancee? I can see it!

SBO: What's coming up for you?
DP: I'll be on ER tonight! Thursday April 24th.

A HUGE thank you to Drew Powell for helping us to continue rounding out the Office world around us! Be sure to look for Drew tonight on ER after an all new "The Office"!

No comments:

Post a Comment